Select a language:

Information for Restaurant Owners

 Restaurant Meals Program Participating Restaurant logo

About the Restaurant Meals Program 
Frequently Asked Questions for Transitioning Restaurant Vendors
Calfresh Statewide Restaurant Meals Program Vendor Transition Steps
Apply to be a participating restaurant 

The CalFresh Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) has shifted to a statewide program administrated by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS).  With this shift, Orange County is no longer managing the program.  As such, each current RMP restaurant vendor will need to take a few steps in order to continue participating in the RMP, as noted in the attached Transitioning Vendor Communication Document, which provides step-by-step instructions on the transition and contains the documents referenced below:

  1. Enter into a new agreement with CDSS, called the RMP Vendor Requirements and Permanent Single Agreement (PSA), to stay on the program. This PSA, which is similar in intent to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) you have with Orange County, will replace the existing MOU you have with Orange County.
  2. Complete the Restaurant Vendor Intake Form. This form provides CDSS a little bit more information about you, your restaurant, and what you offer to CalFresh clients.
  3. Replace your current RMP storefront signage with the new, eye-catching CDSS RMP Signage.

 In the Transitioning Vendor Communication Document, you will find links to all referenced documents, and other useful resources, in the lower right of the attachment. Please keep in mind that if you have received this email, you have officially been informed that you have action items to complete to stay on the RMP and maintain program compliance. You are at risk of your vendor authorization from United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services being revoked if you do not follow the three steps noted above within 90 days of you receiving this communication.

Moving forward, the team at CDSS will be your point of contact for the RMP. You can submit questions, the required documents (PSA and Restaurant Vendor Intake Form), and other communications to the email address on the attachment: